Faculty from The Hotel School at the Cornell SC Johnson College of Business have partnered with eCornell, the university’s online learning unit, to develop a unique online program focused on commercial real estate investment projects. From property development to valuation and management, the new Commercial Real Estate certificate program prepares real estate professionals to successfully develop and manage real estate assets.
“We walk students through the entire real estate process, from start to finish, unifying the specialized knowledge and principles in a very intentional way. Whether you’re new to real estate or looking to move up in the industry, this certificate provides a robust overview grounded in application. Throughout the program, participants are sent out to do real work—modeling, inspecting, calculating,” said faculty co-author Jan deRoos, HVS Professor of Hotel Finance and Real Estate at the Cornell SC Johnson College of Business.
The Commercial Real Estate certificate, offered 100% online through eCornell, is comprised of six courses designed to be completed in three to five hours per week. To create a well-rounded curriculum, deRoos collaborated with Hotel School colleagues Jeanne Varney and Bradford Wellstead, combining expertise to provide a rich learning experience. Through the team’s courses, participants will learn and practice:
- Planning a real estate development project
- Managing a project budget, schedule, and contingencies
- Developing a real estate investment strategy
- Structuring and financing real estate investment deals
- Effectively leasing and maintaining real estate properties
- Managing real estate assets for success
This program is ideal for real estate developers, professionals with financial or operational responsibility for real estate investments, financing and asset management professionals, or people aspiring to work for real estate funds, REITs, or real estate advisory firms. Students who complete all courses receive a Commercial Real Estate Certificate from Cornell University’s SC Johnson College of Business.
Latest posts by Chris Wofford (see all)
- How Entrepreneurs Think and Behave - November 14, 2018
- Empower Your Team Through Servant Leadership - September 9, 2018
- Cornell’s new certificate program equips learners with essential critical thinking and problem-solving skills - July 23, 2018